Core Foundations Level 1-November 4th, 2018 in Ottawa, Ontario, 4 CEC’s available
Created and Presented by Lisa Flanders, Registered Physiotherapist and Kerri Morrison-McCabe, CHEK Practitioner Level 1, Hypopressives Level 2
Pelvic Floor dysfunction is prevalent in 1 in 3 women and 1 in 9 men and is related to common training concerns including diastasis rectus abdominus, stress urinary incontinence, core muscle weakness, low back pain and hernia.
Join Lisa and Kerri on November 4th, 2018 in Ottawa as they share their knowledge of pelvic health related to men and women including pre- and postnatal populations, beginner exercisers and competitive athletes.
COURSE LOCATION: 1523 Laperriere Ave, Ottawa Ontario (CrossFit 1855)
COURSE DATE: November 4, 2018
COURSE TIME: 10:30am-7pm
EARLY BIRD PRICE $199.00+tax ($224.87 including tax) –before September 20th, 2018
STANDARD PRICE $249.00+tax ($281.37 including tax)- after September 20th, 2018
This 8-hour Core Foundations course is designed to address pelvic floor and core dysfunction in women and men of all training levels. We will explore the pelvic floor, the core canister and pressure systems of the abdomen and thorax for all athletes from the beginner exerciser to competitive weightlifters.
Learn how to safely design exercise and training programs for clients from the beginner, pre and postnatal women all they up to the competitive athlete. We will explore core exercise training and think outside the box when it comes to training these muscles effectively. Apply these principles to training principles to exercise programs related to running, HIIT, and weightlifting.
Course open to Personal Trainers and Healthcare Professionals
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand anatomy and physiology of the pelvic floor and deep core system
- Understand abdominal pressure systems and why they are important for optimal movement and function
- Understand differences between the over-active and underactive pelvic floor (it’s not all about kegels!!!)
- Understand the role of effective breathing to pelvic floor function
- Assess abdominal wall readiness for training
- Identify clients with diastasis rectus abdominus (abdominal wall separation) and hernia
- Create appropriate core exercise training for clients with functional progressions
- Teach effective bracing strategies for weightlifting for all levels
Click on the course registration below!
Please return this form, along with eTransfer (use password ‘corefoundations’) of total course cost to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration completed upon receipt of registration form and payment.
***Cancellations received October 28th, 2018 will receive a full refund less $50 administration fee
***Cancellations received after October 28th, 2018 will not be refunded